The Four to Twelve-month fellowship program is designed to attract individuals that are passionate about AgTech in Africa and are willing to learn and contribute their knowledge to the development of the sector. The Program will provide an intensive learning opportunity for investment and assets management professionals who work with Agric businesses, develop leaders committed to sustainable agriculture and AgTech business.
Tractrac is accepting applications from individuals interested in seeking to develop their careers further in any of the following 3 areas-
1. Investment and Assets Management
- Play a key role in designing innovative investment products and executing existing investment strategies across all existing products/service
- Participate in pitching different investment options to different investors and financial institution, with a thorough understanding of ROIs and assets management
- Ensure that all compliance and regulatory requirements of the Fund are met and strictly adhered to
- Provide deal structuring and financial arranging solutions to investment projects of Tractrac, and oversee the creation of SPVs for approved projects.
2. Partnerships Development
- Mobilize networks, build partnerships and collaborations in order to drive growth in identification, selection and engagement of various stakeholder
- Conduct thorough financial and non-financial due diligence and present and recommend the most relevant investment opportunities to different stakeholder
- Develop and maintain the network of agents, tractor vendors, booking and hiring agents, mechanizations services providers and the government
3. Startup and technology Management
- Evaluating how new business models can be applied effectively to create new value, understanding how Tractrac can best leverage the assets of corporate partners to create competitive advantage, and examining market size and building the business case of for the business.
- Gather information from the ecosystems to assess market opportunities and feasibility of innovation concepts
- Develop compelling product strategies, competitive analysis, roadmaps, and product requirements documents (PRDs) to communicate VSP’s vision
What will you Gain?
You’ll embark on an exciting and flexible, 16-week journey in which you will benefit from:
- Mentoring from experts in the field
- Exposure to various business and soft skills
- Monthly stipend
- In addition to helping young graduates learn skills that can be applied in future endeavors, this program will support the graduate’s professional development and will give them skills that will enhance their portfolios
- Have a degree in Engineering, Sciences, Project Management, Finance/Investment or any related degree
- Be a resident of Abuja, FCT, Abuja
- Be between 22 and 30 years
- Be committed to values associated with improving the lives of smallholder farmers
- Should possess exceptional researching and writing skills including presentation skills, have strong interpersonal skills and empathy, be attentive to detail, have the ability to think outside of the box, and have a strong commitment to individual freedom as well as an interest in AgTech business, Mechanization/Tractors and Value Chain Development
- Have experience managing a small business and startup experience; or experience from investment banking, private equity, venture capital, or angel investing
- Self-starter with project management and leadership experience
- Have the ability to develop relationships and make connections with anyone, anywhere
- Experience owning a work stream in a project and structuring analysis, developing recommendations and presenting results
- Program or project management experience, ensuring that deadlines are met, and operations run effectively and efficiently
- Team player with strong leadership skills - you take ownership of your team and their work and you are willing to help people around you to become even better
How to Apply
Apply with your resume/CV and cover letter in a single PDF if this sounds like your dream job. If you’re passionate about this opportunity but don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for, apply, we still want to hear from you!
Send applications to [email protected] using "Fellowship Program 2020" as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline – 15th November, 2020
Program Commencement – 1st December, 2020